Treatment for stammering, 3 points for stuttering treatment
STAMMERING: 3 Points of Treatment for stammering
Hesitation in speech, in any form, when dominates a child’s speech and cause her a considerable distress, that he or she is said to have a problem with STAMMERING or stuttering disorder. When a child is learning to talk, it is very normal to stumble over words, even repeat the words over and over again, and even hesitate while speaking. This is not considered as a problem until we stumble over the child, getting stuck over a word and repeat one of its syllables over and over again.
There arises the problem…..
When children are small and are in the phrase of learning a language, they are not able to convey their thoughts in words as we adults do…. But, a child will try to communicate his feelings to us as soon as possible, even though, he may not be very profound in vocabulary… most children stammering at some point of time, but that is only a learning phase and a passé.
It hardly matter to any of us, till the point, when the child gets stuck and is not able to communicate his thoughts and that makes him upset. Here, we need some treatment for stammering problem.
Stammering occasionally, is a part of natural learning process, and that will disappear, and as parents we should never make that an issue. If an issue is made, then that will definitely lead to anxious for the child and will lead to actual stammering!
As parents and teachers, we have a lot going in our mind. Some of the basic questions are:
- WHAT CAUSES STAMMERING?
- WHAT IS STUTTER DISORDER?
- WHAT ARE THE CAUSES OF STAMMERING?
- HOW TO OVERCOME STAMMERING?
- WHAT IS THE BEST CURE FOR STAMMERING AVAILABLE IN INDIA?
- HOW TO OVERCOME A STAMMER?
- HOW TO STOP A STUTTER?
- WHAT ARE THE STAMMERING CURE TIPS?
- WHAT CAUSES STAMMERING IN CHILDREN?
- ARE THEIR ANY AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR STAMMERING IN INDIA? and so on…
CAUSES OF STAMMERING? 3 POINTS.
As diagnosed by prominent psychologists, three conditions can lead to develop a stammering.
- If there are a lot of interruptions when a child is conveying his thoughts, or where people are talking very fast, stressful situations when the child is very tired.
- Unreasonable parental demands to get their child, able to speak properly, as other children of his age are doing so……. Avoid this, do not overestimate a child’s capability, asking lots of questions and insisting at the same time to get appropriate answers…
- Parents’, stammering is not inherited. Do not interrupt the child, if done so, it will lead to self-conscious and this will lead to damage and low self-esteem. In such case, a child will ultimately stop speaking in front of people.
A SPECIAL NEED: STAMMERING.
A child who has a severe case of stammering is advised to seek speech therapy from a reputed Speech Therapist. It is a special case, and should not be delayed, by the parents at all. At school, teachers if come across these cases must inform the school authorities and the respective parents, so as to quickly get the therapy done, to overcome the problem. I have updated some of the conditions related to SPECIAL NEED CHILD, that also has cases of ADHD, Stammering, Dyslexia and Autism.
HOW TO STOP STAMMERING:Treatment for stammering, 3 points for stuttering treatment
What parents can do? How to stop stammering:
- Speak with the child as slowly and patiently as possible, if you happen to speak quickly, your child will get distracted and that would hamper further in complementing the speech therapy than damaging more.
- Try to use simple language and keep the vocabulary as short and simple, having less trouble to understand and grasp.
- As parents, we should, keep in mind to avoid asking too many questions, or giving examples from our own childhood, or even relating the child with his peers… this again will hamper the speech and communication level.
- Do not ever, ever react negatively towards the child stammering, as that will make the child more self- conscious.
- When the child is struggling to complete a sentence, do not pitch in with the word, or the syllable let him or her, go through the ritual and you just hear him patiently.
- Sometimes children are themselves quite anxious about stammering, talk to them, and tell them that it is absolutely manageable, and that almost 85% of children have these at some point of time… and with practise, it will get better.
Do not talk with the child as stammering to be ashamed of…. It actually goes away with practise, in almost 98% of cases.
At home, help your child as much as you can, and when in school, try to discuss the problem with the respective teachers, so that the fluency goes along: I have tried to channelize some points that need to be discussed with the teachers, by the parents, so as to motivate the child at the school.
The 3 Points are as follows: Treatment for stammering, 3 points for stuttering treatment
The teacher has to be observant, what encourages fluency and can prevent the child from feeling embarrassed in front of the class. Even when asking questions, a simple “yes” or “no” should be justified, without having the child to give long answers.
- Speech fluency should be introduced to the child, like rhyming words, saying with actions etc. that would help the child to develop confidence to speak publicly.
- Teachers must encourage the child to talk about personal matters that leads to excitement in children, and wonderful communication among them.
- Extra help may be needed in reading, reading aloud in groups or unison can also reduce stammering.
With a little help and guidance from parents and teachers, children can overcome a STAMMER !