RICE PAYASAM RECIPE
RICE PAYASAM RECIPE
Traditionally, Rice Payasam takes an ample amount of time, for preparation. And with the working women, it is really impossible to get in the mood for dishing out recipes that consume so much of their time.
My own Sister-in-law is a working lady and has only one day off. So it is least expected to expect any kind of deserts, on the weekends.
However, my Recipe Rice Payasam is targeted to those Ladies, who always are ahead by 2 hours than the normal time frame. And as it is a favourite with Kids too, so have it made the easiest way. Not only the Ingredients but the preparation takes only 20 minutes , that can fit to any Lunch menu or Dinner Menu, have it simply with Sabudana Khichdi and Dahi Baingan, and if have ample time,with Ghanta tarkari, see, so easy, that is really hard to find in anything Indian….. But, this is Indian cooking made easy!
So let’s have a look:
RICE KHEER: Easy Desert Recipe:
INGREDIENTS for RICE PAYASAM: for 4 persons
- Basmati rice- 1 tea cup (pre-soak for 20 minutes)
- Sugar- 1tea cup
- Milk- 1 litre full cream
- Milk-maid-1/2 cups
- Ghee- 2teaspoons
- Dry fruits- a handful
- Cardamom powder- 1 ½ tsp.
- Tejpatta, bay leaf- 2 small
- Nutmeg powder- ½ tsp.
- Yellow food colour- optional
- Saffron- optional
METHOD FOR RICE PAYASAM:
- Soak the rice for approx. 20 minutes.
- Add ghee in the cooker, along with bay leaf, dry fruits and sauté’ for 20 seconds on medium flame.
- Add milk and sugar, reduce the mixture to 3 ¼.
- Add the rice, and put the cooker lid on. Leave the cooker in the medium-low flame, and wait for 2 whistles.
- Open the lid and add milkmaid. Check the consistency of the kheer, if too thick, add a little more boiled milk, not raw milk.
- Garnish with cardamom powder and left over dry fruits and serve hot or cold.
P.s. You can opt for Boiled rice too instead of the raw rice, leftover rice are wonderful. Follow the steps 1, 2 and 3, same as above and continue from the next step for the boiled reice recipe. Rice Payasam is the most easiest of the Indian deserts, made in a jiffy. Reactions will be superb…… Go on, have it prepared for your Loved ones