Kheer made with Paneer or Chenna, milk, sugar, whole dryfruits and saffron/ saffron essence.
I am here once again with a delicious, easy to make and serve KHEER RECIPE – “PANEER KHEER”.
Kheer is an integral part of THE INDIAN and ORIYA CUISINE, and whether it is RICE KHEER OR PANEER KHEER, masses love to savour it unconditionally………….
In my earlier version of KHEER, I had used rice as my main ingredient to prepare the RICE KHEER. And in this version of PANEER KHEER, PANEER or CHENNA as it is widely known in ORISSA and WEST BENGAL is used with no rice at all. It is absolutely an easy and a very simple recipe that can be prepared in 10 minutes flat, if the Milk is pre boiled. Many Oriya ladies have this Paneer Kheer, an integral part of their Lunch or dinner menu… And if you have any inhibitions then, do not panic… I have the perfect recipe to get you going…
Let’s start with the Recipe:
- Fresh Paneer /chenna- 250 grams.
- Sugar-100 gms. Or according to the sweetness you desire.
- Ghee-2 tsp.
- Green cardamoms, nutmeg- 3
- Dry-fruits – ½ small bowl or handful, sautéed in ghee.
- Milk- 1 litre, reduced to half.
- Saffron strands or yellow food colour- 2 drops
- Rose/ pineapple essence- 2drops.
- Reduce the milk to half. Add sugar and cardamom and nutmeg.
- Dissolve and add saffron or food colour to the boiling milk with the dry fruits.
- Add the Paneer and switch off the flame.
- Add pineapple or the rose essence and keep aside to cool.
This PANEER KHEER is going to take everybody’s breath away.
And be assured Ladies, it definitely will rule the Heart of your hubby and Kids…
Prepare it and serve to the whole family… not to mention, getting pat at the back every now and then