Easy and Quick Recipe : GHANTA TARKARI
ORIYA TRADITIONAL RECIPE
I being an Oriya, love for everything’s that is related to Orissa is obvious. But… but, the recipe that I am going to have for you all is not to be kept in any boundaries of a state, or country, it is so tasty that even the Non-Oriyas love it, and that is non other than the GHANTA TARKARI, a wonderful amalgamation of everything Healthy and Nutritious.
That’s the beauty of Indian food, the control is in the hands of the cook, that is hard to find anywhere else in the world, what with the precision in baking or roasting, you tell me, the list goes on. It’s endless. Fine, lets go to consider the ingredients for this simple easy recipe.
EASY AND QUICK VEG RECIPE: GHANTA TARKARI
ORIYA TRADITIONAL RECIPE
for 4 persons
- Potato- 1 medium
- pumpkin- 250gms
- brinjal- 1 medium
- plaintain(raw banana)- 1 small
- Arum or saaru-25 grams.
- chick peas- 1tea cup
- chana dal – 1/2 tea cup
- tamarind juice- as per taste.
- turmeric/ haldi
- gud/ sugar- to balance the sourness.
- dry chillies-2
- dry chilli powder- 2 tsp.
- mustard oil- 4 spoons
- ginger-garlic paste- 2 tsp.
- Onion-1 chopped.
- garam masala powder-1 1/2 tsp.
- And any left over vegetables you have, as per your wish.
- Take a kadhai, add oil, when the oil is hot, and add the cumin/zeera and mustard seeds.
- It splutters, add the red chilli, tejpatta, onion and fry a little til the onion becomes transparent.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and saute for a while.
- Add the vegetables diced into small parts of 1 inch thick. Saute for a while till the vegetables are well coated in oil add turmeric, red chilli powder and salt to taste.
- Now add the chana dal and keep mixing all. Pour water and cover to get everything boiled and wait till the water is reduced.
- It takes 15 minutes for the vegetables and the dal to boil down.
- Add. tamarind juice, gud or sugar, cover it a little, add the boiled chickpeas or matar, and saute for 1 minute or till the liquid is almost absorbed.
- Add the garam masala powder, mix it and serve with rotis or rice with dal by its side.
FOR THE DIABETIC PATIENTS:
“Diabetics ghanta tarkari recipe”
Substitute Potatoes with Arum or Saaru , and do not add sugar or gud for that matter and you can substitute these with Sugar Free.
With all the vegetables and dals, GHANTA TARKARI ORIYA RECIPE, so easy to prepare and is a finger licking delicious recipe. If u are not a very happy fan of pumpkin . yes-yes kaddu, don’t worry, after trying this you will push your hubby to get you 2 of kaddus every week. It’s that tasty, believe me.
Now we’ll have the simple vegetarian Ghanta tarkari Recipe. Keep in mind, you can always add or subtract the vegetables of your choice, apart from the pumpkin, as, that is the main ingredient, and you can also control the quantity.
Apart from this, you can have Ghanta Tarkari along with Sabudana khichdi, Tomato chutney with Dates, Potato beans curry and Dahi Baingan and for the desert, ther are super variations and options of Gajar halwa in under 20 minutes and Paneer Kheer, Oriya style or Rice payasam… just too perfect for a home maker….
It will be one delicious lunch or Dinner menu… too delicious and an absolute healthy recipe.
Go through them to lead a healthy life
I bet, it’s going to be just Great for your family. Kids will love too, keep me posted about the overwhelming response you got.
If you prepare this Ghanta tarkari, believe me…. you will surely get one big Hug from your Kids, especially… and from dear Hubby, do I need to say more