Attention deficit hyper activity disorder
ATTENTION DEFICIT HYPER ACTIVITY DISORDER
Psychologists term ATTENTION DEFICIT HYPER ACTIVITY DISORDER, ADHD as the most common childhood disorder. Children having ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) may be hyperactive at times. The babies are at times colicky, demanding babies. They become frustrated easily, and are overtly susceptible to mood changes. Children having ADHD are often perceived as very ill-mannered kids, and not accepted socially.
Some of the world’s most famous personalities are: Thomas Edison, Albert Einstien, Alexander Graham Bell and Benjamin Franklin to name a few Scientists.
WHAT CAUSES attention deficit hyper activity disorder?
Doctors and psychologists are yet to determine the causes with ADHD, ATTENTION DEFICIT HYPER ACTIVITY DISORDER. At one time it was believed that diet rich in sugar was a main cause of it….., but nothing has yet been established. Earlier it was perceived that a child would grow out of ADHD (attention deficit hyper activity disorder) but now it is said that people still take this to their adulthood.
As a parent or a guardian or a Teacher, if you are really concerned with the child’s behaviour, then please discuss with the paediatrician, without any negligence on your part.
EFFECTS OF ADHD, attention deficit hyper activity disorder: 5 points.
The major concerned for Parents should be in the following areas:
- Children with ADHD, ATTENTION DEFICIT HYPER ACTIVITY DISORDER are often considered unsocial and rebellious.
- They may have problematic relationships with adults, even before they join schools.
- Such children are highly unpredictable and disruptive in behaviour.
- With all the branded names, when the child goes to school, with low self-esteem, has a wrong note with the peers and classmates.
- The behaviour and the performance of the child may be variable through the week… one day he may be quite and calm and the other day, he would be fidget, freckle and very hyper in activity.
THE SPECIAL NEEDS for ADHD, attention deficit hyper activity disorder
Boys can be considered as low in IQ, whereas girls can be very achievement oriented and get adjusted socially. If the child is having problems at school, get feedback from the teachers, whether he is irresponsible, disorganised, careless, and has poor concentration, whether he is DYSLEXIC?
Get in touch with a child psychologist, and get the child diagnosed. Then we can decide on individual and appropriate course of action.. As parents, do discuss this with the teacher and doctor.
PARENTS, WHAT CAN YOU DO??? ADHD, ATTENTION DEFICIT HYPER ACTIVITY DISORDER: 4 points
- A child with ADHD, ATTENTION DEFICIT HYPER ACTIVITY DISORDER must be subjected to an orderly, calm home life, and a structured and balanced, well-disciplined routine.
- A child has to be very specifically handled and daily routine has to be patterned around his day to day activities, so as to calm him down, by any kind of unwanted surprises.
- As parents, teachers are always trying to straighten things out hence; the concerned child has developed low self-esteem.
- Try to praise the child whenever he has done something proper, so as to expect the same behaviour gets repeated every time.
Parents do not feel dejected, as parenting a child with ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) can be very frustrated at times, what with the child being branded as unruly, and a troublemaker. Have patience, and do not blame yourself for what your child is going through. Patience and perseverance pays though! Take help from teachers and psychologists, to get your child accepted in a normal world.
As parents , please try the above 5 tips and see a great difference in your ATTENTION DEFICIT HYPER ACTIVITY DISORDER symptom of your precious one.
BEST OF LUCK