RICE VERMICELLI: Easy Breakfast Recipes Indian.
Rice Vermicelli is made from rice noodles, green vegetables and Indian spices. Rice vermicelli is healthy, nutritious and Kids love it.
Rice vermicelli is one of those healthy and nutritious meals, which you would love to, have every now and then. Rice is a major component of the South Indian Breakfast recipes. Rice is the staple food in South India as it is in the east of India, in Orissa and Bengal, and it is widely used for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
There are a number of ways to prepare breakfast recipes with rice…. Today I will divulge the details about the simple, yummy and the sumptuous breakfast recipe: RICE VERMICELLI THE INDIAN STYLE. It is easy to prepare, simple to make and overtly nutritious…. Overall an added advantage on HEALTHY MEALS . It is simply irresistible.
I would love to recommend this to all those souls who are down with high cholesterol and are advised to stay away from oils and non-vegetarian meals… this is the perfect combo RICE VERMICELLI with a cup of tea or coffee, THE ORIYA STYLE!!!
Let us get to work on the details:
RICE VERMICELLI THE INDIAN STYLE.
PREPARATION TIME: 20 minutes
COOKING TIME: 6 minutes.
- Rice vermicelli: 1 packet
- Assorted vegetables:
- French beans, peas, tomatoes, cauliflower, capsicum or bell pepper etc: 2 cups, sliced thinly.
- Turmeric: 2 tsp.
- Vegetable oil: 4tsp.
- Green chillies: 4, thinly sliced
- Salt: to taste
FOR TADKA: CURRY LEAVES OR CURRY PATTA, PAANCH PHORAN, AND DRY RED CHILLIS.
METHOD FOR: RICE VERMICELLI THE INDIAN STYLE.
- Boil the rice vermicelli in hot water till they are just soft. Drain the water and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add curry leaves, paanch Phoran or phutana, onion, red chilli and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the vegetables and cover the lid of the pan to cook them.
- Add turmeric, salt and the boiled rice vermicellis.
- Mix them together and serve with TOMATO CHUTNEY WITH DATES or HEALTHY VEGETABLE DIPS.
Either way, it is too delicious to neglect…. Go on… have them in your next meal